Georgia State University Passport Services provide passport photos on-site for a nominal fee. Applicants who wish to provide their own photo must follow the U.S. Department of State guidelines. GSU Passport Services reserves the right to refuse passport photos that may not appear current, do not look to be a true likeness of the applicant, or do not follow one or more of the U.S. Department of State passport photo guidelines.
The U.S. Department of State photo policies apply to adults and children. You can find examples of the U.S. Department of State guideline of acceptable passport photos on travel.state.gov.
$15 Photos On-site
$5 Current Study Abroad Students*
Basic Passport Photo Guidelines
- Photo must be 2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm) in size.
- Must be a color photo, taken in last 6 months
- Clear image of your face with no filters.
- No selfies.
- No eyeglasses. (If you cannot remove your glasses for medical reasons, you must present a signed note from your doctor with your application.)
- Plain white or off-white background.
- High resolution that is not blurry, grainy, or pixelated.
- Printed on matte or glossy photo quality paper.
- Must not be digitally altered.
- Undamaged with no holes, creases, or smudges.
- A neutral facial expression or a natural smile, with both eyes open.
- Taken in clothing normally worn on a daily basis.
- You cannot wear a uniform, clothing that looks like a uniform, or camouflage attire.
- No hats or head covering.
- If you wear a hat or head covering for religious purposes, please visit Travel.State.Gov for a complete guideline.
- No headphones or wireless hands-free devices.
*Must provide proof of current enrollment into any college or university Study Abroad Program