You may renew your U.S. Passport at Georgia State University Passport Services if you answer yes to all of the below:
- Your previous U.S. passport was issued when you were under age 16
- Your previous U.S. passport was lost, stolen, or damaged
- Your previous U.S. passport was issued more than 15 years ago
Georgia State University Passport Services does not process form DS-82 passport applications. We can provide you with your new passport photo that must be submitted alone with your form DS-82 passport renewal application for a nominal fee. The U.S. Department of State requires DS-82 applications to be mailed in by the applicant. Applicants must mail their application to one of the processing center addresses listed on the DS-82 form. Applicants are welcome to pick up form DS-82 from the facility.
Requirements for mailing your DS-82 Renewal Application:
- An envelope large enough to fit the application without folding or USPS Priority Envelope (Can be picked up at GSU Passport Facility).
- A trackable delivery method. The method used must be able to deliver to a P.O. Box address.
GSU Passport Services will provide customers with the above mailing requirements when taking a photo for a renewal application.
For information on renewing your passport please visit travel.state.gov, Renew my Passport by Mail.
Some countries require that your passport be valid at least six months beyond the dates of your trip. The U.S. Department of State recommends renewing your passport well ahead of your international travel plans, even if it still has a few months of validity remaining. Learn more about your destination’s entry requirements.